Paul N. Dion

Welcome Forums Visitor’s Forum Paul N. Dion

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Paul N. Dion 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Paul N. Dion
    Keymaster

Hello everyone, welcome to the new Karamursel guestbook and forums. I’ve wanted to get away from a hosted guestbook for years and now I’ve created this new site to accommodate the new forum-styled guestbooks. I guess I will start things off by posting the first introduction-post.

I was a “dormie” in Karamürsel in 1971-72. My father was in the Air Force stationed at Iraklion Air Base in Crete, Greece. There was no American high school on the base, so I went to Karamürsel High.

My time in Turkey was a great experience for me. I did a fair amount of traveling in those years including trips to Ankara, Izmir, Izmit, many trips to Istanbul, and of course Yalova and the actual town of Karamürsel itself. Also, spent time in Xánthi, Thessaloniki, Rhodes, and Athens.

In the mid-nineties, I returned to Turkey and visited Kuşadası and a fantastic week-long tour of Istanbul. I revisited many places and attractions and had new experiences as well.

I have had many life experiences in the past 45 years since visiting Karamursel. I’ve traveled all over the world visiting many countries including Antigua, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bulgaria, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Dominica, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Grenada, Haiti, Iceland, Italy, Jamaica, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Panama, The Philippines, Portugal, Russia, St. Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, Scotland, Switzerland, Turkey, and Venezuela.

I’ve been a janitor, factory worker, store manager, dishwasher, short order cook, leather craftsman, clay craftsman, wallpaperer, gas station attendant, plastics machine operator, floor wax production worker, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and Incentive Travel Executive. (And quite possibly many other jobs I’ve totally forgotten about.)

I live in central Massachusetts and have been married twice, having 2 daughters and now 2 grandsons. I’ve had a hobby farm but now live in a small town (pop. 5000) in a heavily wooded secluded area with privacy and quiet which I totally enjoy.

I play the keyboard, writing songs and recording them whenever the mood strikes me. I enjoy landscaping and woodworking, but mostly enjoy the quiet life here in the forest.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Paul N. Dion
Your information:

Skip to toolbar